Trunk of an aspen tree with white bark found and harvested from the Fisher Creek area of the Stanley Basin, in the Sawtooth National Forest, Idaho. The trunk has some natural and some carved features. A woodpecker hole with an opening that is 2.5" in diameter is near the top of the log. The hole measures 6" deep straight in, and extends 10" downward. Another area of the log has been chewed on by a beaver. The chewed area is approximately 18" long by 22" wide. The primary features on this log are arborglyphs. An image of a church measuring 9" wide by 8.5" high is above the initials "J.E" and to the right of a distorted carving. The church has three peaks, each topped by a cross. The middle peak is the tallest, possibly meant to be a steeple. There is a circle above the front door, possibly indicating an area of stained glass. Thee are smaller doors to the left and right of the main door. Each of the smaller doors has a square window above it. Three wide steps come down from the main door. The area just above the main door is very gnarled with scars, it may have shown some finer detail at some point. The opposite side of the tree from the church carving is covered in small holes, most likely from a woodpecker. It is known that it takes a minimum of 20 years for an arboyglyph such as this to mature. The tree, although dead for a number of years, was standing until this section was removed on October 19, 2004.
The Stanley Basin area was first discovered by fur trappers in 1824. Gold opened up the region in 1863, where it was mined until 1953. The basin was turned into a cattle and recreation area in the 1970s.